UTM Grid

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Is there a way to place a UTM grid around the outside of a map area in the print setup. If not could you maybe include it in the next release.

Thanks Millions

Tadhg

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean something like an second map on the print lay-out?
If so you should add the grid to the map first, then start the print lay-out and add a second map object.
In the first map object you can make the UTM Grid invisible and in the second map object you make all layers invisible except the UTM Grid layer.

--
Paul

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I guess a second map would work. I have used a grid surrounding the outside of maps in ArcMap. It shows the UTM's of the map window on the print out. Basicaly in Arcmap when you create a map window in the print feature you can assign a grid to the outside of that print window that reflects that utm's of the map.

How do I do what you suggets?

thanks for the help on this.

Tadhg

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I'm still not sure what you mean exactly ;)

Can you provide a screenshot of the result in ArcMap?

--
Paul

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

yes i can supply you with a map i created. i have tried to put one in a post but cant. my email is tk.archaeologist@gmail.com if you email me i will respond with an attachment. promise i will not use your email for anythink else.

tadhg

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

what i need is to put a utm graticule around the outside of my maps.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Hello Paul, I think tkirwan is referring to something like this. I have also been trying to generate it on a map in an app I am developing.I have tried using this code but I am stuck on how to generate a graphic line and make it start generating it from the origin. I agree with you that I need to create it from the map view first and display it on the layout view, any suggestion would be appreciated. see below my sample code I am starting with

void DrawLine( double x1, double y1, double x2, double y2, int pixelWidth, Color color)
{
//Set point 1 as x = 100, y = 100
x1 = 50
y1 = 50
'Set point2 as x = 500, y = 500
x2 = 100
y2 = 100
//Set pixel width for the line as 1
width = 1
//Set the color for the line as green
col = RGB(0, 255, 0)
//Create new drawing layer on map
draw_hndl = Map1.NewDrawing(MapWinGIS.tkDrawReferenceList.dlScreenReferencedList)
'Draw green line from point 1 to point 2
Map1.DrawLine x1, y1, x2, y2, width, col
}