This project is read-only.

Toolbox > Raster > Clip Grid with Polygon: *.jpg ???

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:23 AM

In MW 4.8.6 Final Release:

The toolbox > Raster > Clip Grid with Polygon does not allow to specify raster Jpeg images to be clipped.

Why not?

Cheers, Gerd

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Gerd,

I have no idea.
I think this method is using the old mwGeoProc method. Those methods are a bit restricted because not everything is implemented.
For v4.9 we will use more GDAL methods and then it should work.

Can you report this to bugs.mapwindow.org. I'll assign it to Sergei so we won't forget it.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Meems
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

2011/12/12 gngdowid <notifications@codeplex.com>

In MW 4.8.6 Final Release:

The toolbox > Raster > Clip Grid with Polygon does not allow to specify raster Jpeg images to be clipped.

Why not?

Cheers, Gerd

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mapwindow4@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mapwindow4@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM

For what it's worth, we implemented an algorithm in DotSpatial for clipping a raster with a polygon that out-performed the MW4 version by a large margin in our test. You can find the source at http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/2a5152f31a45#DotSpatial.Analysis%2fClipRaster.cs