This release includes 2 files:
*MapWindow41SR.exe - Full installer for MapWindow 4.1
*MapWindowCFInstall.exe - Common Files installer for use with custom GIS software based on MapWindow
What’s New in 4.0.5?
• Table Editor has been updated to not include DotNetBar
• Legend Menu items have been “wired” in (still displayed in the wrong location though).
• About box lists the current project file and config file.
• Various house keeping and small fixes.
What’s New in 4.0?
• DotNetBar is completely removed from MapWindow, though it is still referenced by the table editor plug-in.
• Floating toolbars have been added to replace the DotNetBar docking toolbar.
• The VB.NET Splitter control has been added to the form to provide clean resizing between the three main window elements.
• The plug-in interface is ready to be tested against existing plug-ins.
• Custom combo boxes have been repaired.
• Menus and toolbar buttons are now just out of the box MenuItems and ToolbarButtons.
• GridWizard and Feature Identifier have been tested and seems to work
• Table editor works, but still references the DotNetBar
• I’ve reorganized the code into a folder structure that places all of the core MapWindow application and plug-ins in one folder. These can be compiled by opening the solution, “MapWindow.sln” When the table editor is rebuilt without DotNetBar then it should be placed in this solution file as well.
• In lots of the code I have noted the differences between the current version and the last public domain.
• I’ve added the Mozilla public license header to many of the key files that have undergone significant editing.
• The DocLauncher plug-in in the solution file is mainly being used for testing the plug-in interface.
• Most of the DotNetBar removal “todo” items have been taken care of, however there are several in the xmlprojectfile class that still need to be addressed
• There are about 20 or so formal “todo” items that include repairing the right click context menus in the legend and the zoom next/zoom previous functions on the toolbar.
• Remove DotNetBar from the table editor